Popeyes

 A few nights ago I saw a tv add for Popeyes' chicken nuggets. I had never had their nuggets so I thought when I got the chance I would give them a try. Today I had that chance. Be careful what you wish for. I went to the closed Popeyes at 11:15 a.m. They told they were not open yet because of short staffing. They would open in about an hour. So, I decided to drive to the next location about 3 miles away.

At the second Popeyes they were open and my desires for Popeyes' chicken nuggets was provided for by a very friendly manager at the drive through window (I guess staff shortage). I order the 8 piece chicken nugget combo that included fries and a biscuit. I also ordered two extra biscuits. (No one beats Popeyes' biscuits!) They drink was extra so for $2.99 more I could get a small Pepsi. Wow! What a deal--not! At McDonalds you can get any size drink for $1.00 and they have Coke not Pepsi. 

After pulling away from the window I found the only parking spot partially shaded by a tree, kept the car running for the a/c and opened my combo bag. Wouldn't you know it, I paid for two extra biscuits and they were not in then bag! Couldn't prove that now. 

The chicken nuggets were okay, nothing to write home about or have again. I should have went to Chick-fil-a or perhaps just stay home. After I finished my combo (the fries were small and lukewarm) I decided to go back through the drive thru and tell them about being shorted my two biscuits. To the credit of the manager he said no problem sir and gave me two biscuits. Good job manager!

In closing, I paid $10.99 for a so-so meal when I could have got 8 great tasting nuggets, waffle fries and a large sweat tea for less than $10 at Chick-fil-a. Next time I'm gong to Chick-fil-a!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog